1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, and coarsely chopped
5 garlic cloves,
2 stalks lemongrass, bottom part only, thinly sliced thinly
¼ cup chopped cilantro stems
1 teaspoon Merchant’s Garam Masala
1 cup honey
½ cup coconut milk
¼ cup sweet soy sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 pounds’ pork spareribs
1. In a food processor, combine the ginger, garlic, lemongrass, cilantro stems, garam masala, honey, coconut milk, sweet soy sauce, and soy sauce and blend the ingredients into a smooth mixture.
2. Place the spareribs in a glass baking dish. Rub the sauce over the spareribs with your hands. Cover and refrigerate the spareribs overnight.
3. When you are ready to cook the ribs, preheat the oven to 375 F.
4. Place the ribs on a baking sheet lined with foil. Save the marinade for basting. Bake the ribs for 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
5. Increase the oven temperature to 400 F and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes, basting the first 10 minutes only. Place the ribs under the broiler for 3 minutes, or until the meat is brown. Carefully remove the ribs from the oven, and set them aside to cool before slicing and serving.