¼ cup store bought bottled chili sauce
¼ cup tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
5 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
4 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
3 – 4 red chili, finely chopped
3 sprigs of curry leaves or half cup curry leaves
1 pound Tiger prawns, cleaned and shelled
½ cup low sodium quality chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Begin by combining chili sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat a wok or a large deep skillet over medium heat for 40 seconds. Add the oil around the perimeter of the wok so that it coats the sides and bottom. When the surface shimmers slightly, add the garlic, ginger, chilies and curry leaves stir-fry until fragrant and the garlic is golden in color, about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the sauce mixture into the wok and mix well. Allow the sauce to simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the prawns into the wok, and stir-fry on high heat, pressing the prawns against the hot wok. Pour in the chicken broth, mix well and allow the prawns to cook in the chicken broth for 2 minutes over high heat.
5. Add the cornstarch mixture and lightly beaten egg. Stir-fry for another 1 minute until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.